Monday, March 2, 2009

back to the big city




































I'm leaving the north woods for New York City. I've spent a very relaxing three months living with my family in Wisconsin at my childhood home, but now it's time face the "real world". I was feeling pretty negative about the big city when I quit my job and headed north three months ago, but the slow pace and company of my family have taken effect and I feel rejuvenated. I'm lucky to have a great family that I love (and like; we have a blast), but also a whole slew of friends in the city that I'm really excited to see again. So I have to say good bye to the slow pace and beautiful scenery of northern Wisconsin and return to the fast lane. The pace is fast, but the perks are many: in addition to the great company - places are open after 5 pm, the conversation is contentions but stimulating, art and culture are everywhere, and the food is fantastic!

Even though I should be getting a job right away, I'm gonna stretch out my freedom a bit longer, and spend a few weeks palling around the city with my Mom. I'm basically broke, but my Mom and I are masters of having maximum fun on a minimal budget, so expect some photos of cheap eats from all around New York City in the next few weeks.
























Merlin and Lilly's fast paced lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment